Bromocresol Purple Milk Solids Glucose Agar (BCP)
For the differentiation of Trichophyton species
(Fischer and Kane 1971; Summerbell et al. 1988).
- Distilled water 1000 mL
- Skim milk powder (Carnation Brand) 80 g
- Bromcresol (or bromocresol) purple (1.6% solution in alcohol) 2 mL
- Dissolve in 2 litre flask and autoclave 121C for 10 minutes.
- Glucose 40 g
- Distilled water 200 mL
- Dissolve and autoclave at 121C for 10 minutes.
- Bacto agar (BD 214010) 30 g
- Distilled water 800 mL
- Soak for 15 minutes in 3 litre flask; autoclave at 121C for 10 minutes.
- To make media add solution A and B to solution C. Adjust final pH to 6.6.
- Aseptically dispense for slopes (7 mL amounts into bottles).