Creatinine Dextrose Bromothymol Blue
Thymine (CDBT) Agar
For differentiation of C. neoformans var. neoformans and C. neoformans var. grubii (Irokanulo et al. 1994).
- Creatinine 1 g
- Dextrose 0.5 g
- KH2PO4 1 g
- MgSO4.7H2O 0.5 g
- Thymine 0.1 g
- Distilled water 980 mL
- Dissolve ingredients in small beaker and adjust pH to 5.6
- Store in refrigerator.
Solution B (Aqueous Bromothymol Blue)
- Bromothymol Blue 0.4 g
- 0.01N NaOH 64 mL
- Distilled water 36 mL
- Dissolve the Bromothymol Blue in the NaOH
- Add to the water.
To prepare medium (1 litre for plates):
- Solution A 980 mL Solution B 20 mL
- Bacto agar (BD 214010) 20 g
- Autoclave to 121C for 15 minutes, cool to 48C and dispense as plates.