Sabouraud's Dextrose Agar with Chloramphenicol and Gentamicin.
For the primary isolation and cultivation of yeasts and moulds.
- Sabouraud's Dextrose Agar (Oxoid CM41) 65 g
- Chloramphenicol 0.05 g
- Gentamicin (40 mg/ml) 0.56 ml
- Distilled water 1000 ml
- Soak all ingredients, except Gentamicin, in 100 ml water.
- Boil remaining water, add to soaking ingredients, and bring to boil to dissolve, stirring well to prevent from charring.
- Add the Gentamicin. Mix well.
- Dispense for slopes if required.
- Autoclave at 121C for 10 minutes. Remove and slope, or pour for plates as required.