Malt Extract Agar
For the routine cultivation and identification of fungi.
- Malt Extract (Oxoid L39) 20 g
- Bacto agar (BD) 20 g
- Distilled water 1000 ml
- Dissolve malt extract in a plastic beaker and pH the solution to pH 6.5 with NaOH.
- Soak agar in small quantity of solution. Bring remaining solution to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Add to soaking agar. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Dispense for slopes as required.
- Autoclave at 121C for 10 minutes, remove and slope or pour for plates as required.