Urea Agar Slopes with 0.5% Glucose.
For the differentiation of urease producing organisms.
Urea Glucose Broth Base
- Urea, broth base (Oxoid CM71) 0.9 g
- Glucose 5 g
- Distilled water 450 mL
- Add the Urea broth base and glucose to the distilled water in a 500mL beaker.
- Dispense in 5 x 90 mL amounts.
- Autoclave at 121OC for 20 mins.
- When cool, label and store in the fridge.
Method to Make Slopes
- 40% Urea Solution (Oxoid SR 20) 10 mL
- Bacto agar (BD 214010) 3 g
- Distilled water 100 mL
- Add agar to 100 mL of distilled water in a 250 mL pyrex bottle.
- Autoclave at 121C for 15 minutes and place in 50C water bath.
- When cool add 90 mL of the Urea broth with glucose and the 10 mL of 40% urea solution to agar and dispense in 3 mL aliquots and angle bottles to form slopes on racks.